Forms 4.5 Querying Question

From: Donna Morrow <morrowd_at_ci.portsmouth.va.us>
Date: 1997/05/16

[Quoted] I hope this question doesn't sound too dumb. I need to create a Form that allows the user to enter a value in the base table block when querying and then return all rows where the key value is >= the value entered by the user. I defined the block's WHERE clause to include base_table.column
[Quoted] >= :block.item

 but the query only retrieves the row = :block.item instead of >= :block.item.

I can do what I need by initiating ENTER_QUERY, entering a : in the base table item, EXECUTING QUERY and manually typing in the statement base_table.column >= 'value'; but I don't want the users to have to do this.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?? It would be particulary useful in a name search, for example, when I want to retrieve all rows >= 'JONES'.

Thanks for any advice Received on Fri May 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message