Re: Loading data from Access to Oracle?

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/05/16

Scott,

When people refer to a DBF file, they commonly are referring to the xBase or dBase land. I'll assume you mean Microsoft Access' MDB file.

Oracle does ship with Oracle7 Universal Server 7.3.3 the Oracle Migration Wizard for Microsoft Access. This might have been included in an even earlier release of Oracle7, but I'm not sure. This can assist you in not only moving your data from Access to Oracle, but your schema as well.

Another way to move your data would be to export the data from your tables in Access to a comma-delimited or tab-delimited file, which you could then import into Oracle using Oracle SQL*Loader.

On 15 May 1997 22:53:53 GMT, "Scott Siedler" <ssiedler_at_heery.com> wrote:

>Is there a way of reading MS*Access data (*.dbf) into Oracle tables? Are
>there any tools on the market that are made for getting data from other
>vendors' databases into Oracle? Any help or suggestions would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Scott

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman          Enabling the Information Age through
Oracle Government                Network Computing!
Bethesda, MD                  http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com          http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Fri May 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message