Re: Using quotes in DEFAULT_WHERE in Forms45

From: Michael Krolewski <mkrolews_at_upw.com>
Date: 1997/05/16

Frank wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build a form in which the DEFAULT_WHERE clause is to be
> filled
> by selecting values from a list.
> The problem I have is that Forms can't handle strings that end on 3
> quotes:
>
> 1>> DECLARE
> 2>> New_Query VARCHAR2(2000);
> 3>> BEGIN
> 4>>
> 5>> New_Query := 'WHERE PRODUKT = ''A''';
> 6>> SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY (BLOK_ID, DEFAULT_WHERE, New_Query);
> 7>> END;
>
> This returns a VALUE-ERROR in line 5.
>
> Does anybody have a suggestion ?
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
> Frank Tollenaar

        Not sitting at the machine right now, but the syntax looks correct. The idea is that an enbedded single quote is represented as two single quotes.

        Have you run the debugger and examined the value in New_Query?

        Also, the problem may not be where you think it is.

	If I recall, the line number is always where one might
	think it is. Track the error with the debugger.

Mike Krolewski Received on Fri May 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message