Re: Form Freeze/White Outs

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/05/15

[Quoted] In article <5lcrp4$rqo_at_lace.colorado.edu>, Jenny Farnham <farnham_at_spot.Colorado.EDU> wrote:
>We have a Forms 4.5 application running on Unix and
>on NT. Both platforms experience "freeze ups" where
>the forms are no longer functioning to the user.
>The user can still use their system just not
>the Forms 4.5 windows. They usually kill that
>process and start all over again.
>
>Has anyone experienced this? Sometimes when the
>forms "freeze"... the fields turn white, blanking
>out data and boilerplate text disappears too.
>
>We are funning on Solaris 2.5xx and NT. Both are
>experiencing problems.
>
>Jen

It could be anything... The first thing that comes to mind, since it happens on both platforms, is a problem on the server. It would be good to know what the user had just done or was trying to do when the freeze up occurred. It could be a locked row was encountered when a pl/sql process was attempting an update. It could be a bad query that takes forever and never returns.

And then, it could be something wierd in the code in the form.

Try to get your users to detail exactly what they were doing.

HTH,
Steve Cosner

Steve Cosner Received on Thu May 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message