Encryption using SQLNET????

From: Praveen Shenoy <praveen_s_at_trigent.com>
Date: 1997/05/15

Hi! All,

 I have SQL*NET running on a win 3.1 pc. I intend to connect to the sql server on HP-UX 10.01 running oracle 7.1.6. I want to connect from the client passing the user name and the password as the command line option. Due to security reasons I want to encrypt the user name and password before sending it across the network.

 I beleive there is a way to do this using a operating system environment variable ORA_ENCRYPT_LOGIN on the client side.

Can some one tell me how I can achieve my objective using this and what are the
corresponding settings I have to do on the server end. Is there any other way
to send encrypted user name and password.

Praveen
praveen_s_at_trigent.com Received on Thu May 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message