Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager.

From: Miles Thomas <thomasm_at_"at".logica."dot".com>
Date: 1997/05/15

[Quoted] Which SQL*Net protocol are you using?

[Quoted] If its named pipes, and OEM is doing database to database SQL*Net links (which it might?), then there is a feature of the protocol implementation on which prevents this. Client-> server works, but not server -> server. Its to do with the NT system account not having access to the remote machine.

Run the oracle services as an NT administrator-type account.

This is just a shot in the dark suggestion; withour more details its difficult to be sure.

--
Miles Thomas
Logica UK Ltd

Tomas Rimsten <dat94trn_at_idt.mdh.se> wrote in article
<Pine.GSO.3.95.970515100651.11729A-100000_at_bilbo.mdh.se>...

Yees !!!

I finaly found some with nearly the same problem.
We are trying to configure OEM 1.2.2 on Oracle 7.3.2/NT 4.0 server. Our
system has only five computers and one of them is server both for Oracle
and the rest of the network.

We have not been able to get the comunication between server and client to
work.

Do you know how one set up a listner and what the listner does ?

What parts must one configurate to get the communication to work between
server and client ?

I gladly answers any questions that you have, if I know the answer

Tomas Rimsten
Progressive Programming Partner In Sweden