How to use LONG datatyp in edit control w/ Forms 4.5

From: Axel Peters <pt_at_wzl-wm1.wzl.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: 1997/05/14

[Quoted] Hi there,

we want to use a LONG column in a table to store some large information. In Forms 4.5 we choose a multiline entry field to display the column. But the problem is that we get an "FRM-40654: Record has been updated by another user. Re-query to see change" error if we change the contens of the edit-field. After these error we can change the field without requery. Is there any solution for this problem out here ?

Bye Axel.

+ Machine Tool Laboratory university of Aachen ----+
+ e-mail: pt_at_wzl-wm1.wzl.rwth-aachen.de ----------+