Re: Reverse Engineering/Designer 2k

From: David M. LaCroix <dlacroix_at_cslab.vt.edu>
Date: 1997/05/14

Phil Cook <pcook_at_iamerica.net> wrote:
: David,

: In the repository navigator object navigator ( RON ) check if there are
: any databases defined for your application, if not define a database and
: then set the database create property to true.

: Phil Cook

Does this database I define in the RON need to already exist? I notice it's limited to 7 characters... Is this supposed to be the Instance name?

I'm not sure why, but for some reason would I have to have a second "database" or instance?

Where it says object owner, is that supposed to be the owner of the database? (dba user? sys? internal?)

I keep getting the error message:

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; login denied

DESIGNER/2000 location(5045)
Abnormal termination for Oracle Server Generator: Reverse Engineer

I KNOW i'm using the right password, am I using the right account? Does this operation require special priviliges I might not have?

I'm inputting all the username/password

--
dlacroix_at_cslab.vt.edu
dlacroix_at_vt.edu