Re: TEXT_IO

From: Mike Maculsay <mmaculs1_at_san.rr.com>
Date: 1997/05/14

CG wrote:

> Hi all, does anyone know how to find out if the TEXT_IO package (package
> ??) is installed in my version of PL/SQL ?
>
> (unix version, PL/SQL 2.1)
>
> Thanks a great deal, Chris

Chris,

Reading and writing to and from operating system files depends on the versions of the tools you have, and whether you are talking about client or server. Also, the server PL/SQL engine and the one used in Forms 4.5 are two different versions (they will be in sync with the release of Developer/2000 2.0.

TEXT_IO is a Forms package that comes with Forms 4.5. If you have that version of Forms on UNIX, then you have that. By the way, Forms 4.5 uses PL/SQL 1.1 on the client.

UTL_FILE is a server side package that is very similar to TEXT_IO, and is available with server-side PL/SQL 2.3 (which is believe comes with RDBMS 7.3) RDBMS 7.2 uses PL/SQL 2.2.

--
| Michael Maculsay                      |