Re: Scaling Oracle Forms Windows

From: ronwy <ronwy_at_accessus.net>
Date: 1997/05/13

Chris,

You can put a LOT of time and effort into re-scaling your application through a programatic approach or simply the situation by designing parallel forms designed for a specific environment. Using the parallel approach, you can design a new form that works in the 640x480 environment. At startup, have the application determine its host environment and show appropriate forms.

If you store your logic for the application in libraries and packages, you can ensure consistent behavior without having to duplicate coding. You may also want to cosider a naming convention for the forms so that they are similiar except for a character that identifies the screen size it was intended to run in.

e.g my_formL (large)

     my_formS (small)

This approach lends itself to asthetically pleasing forms for both environments without a lot of development overhead.

Hope this helps.

Chris Wyse <wysecj_at_pweh.com> wrote in article <3370BED4.4D48_at_pweh.com>...