Adhoc interactive client side access for data warehouse

From: Dirk Fromhein <Dirk.Fromhein_at_watershed.com>
Date: 1997/05/12

[Quoted] We are working on a platform/database independant Adhoc SQL client side access environment.

The target users are Adhoc SQL programmers, technical business analysts, and application programmers developing SQL for a data warehouse. This is not for SQL impaired users, it is a sophisticated tool for creating, maintaining, and debugging large SQL programs.

We have found that the end user tools such as isql, dbaccess, etc. are just not up to the task of the kind of iterative adhoc SQL programming required for a data warehouse.

I would appreciate any feedback as to what tools people are currently using in this capacity, and/or what features would be desired for such a programming environment.

Thanks,
Dirk Fromhein
df_at_watershed.com
http://www.watershed.com Received on Mon May 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST