Re: problem opening Oracle database from VC++ program

From: kv <>
Date: 1997/05/12

Try two things
1. OleInitialize() & OleUninitialize() in Init/Exit Instance OR
2. Check for mismatched DLL's. I assume you do know about how MS is goofing off!

If I am way off target -- sorry

Grinnell Almy wrote:
> Hello, world...
> I am having a problem opening an Oracle database from a Visual C++ 4.0
> program using Oracle Objects for OLE 2.1. The database open call
> consistently fails.
> Upon digging through the code, I discovered that one of the things that
> happens when the database open call is made is that an OLE function
> named CoCreateInstance() gets called. It is this function which is
> failing, returning the error message "Error -2147221008 creating
> instance."

<snip... the ranting of someone outside the world 'cos Netscape would not allow me to post as is -- do tell me the world is not ganging against me>

Please remove the .--- from the end of my address to reach me.

"If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space."