Re: Baloon Help in Dev/2000 ?

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/05/10

crizan_at_magma.ca (Costin Rizan) wrote

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering how to add baloon help to Forms 4.5 toolbars.
> would like this to appear when a user has it's mouse over a button
> for a specified time. I'd like it to appear close to the mouse
> pointer not on the console. (Default behaviour)
>
> Has anyone done this before?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Costin

FORMS 4.5.6.5.5 (Dev2k/v1.2) provides a solution in HINT.PLL and the corresponding SHOWHINT.DLL. In subsequent 32-bit versions the name of the DLL changes, but the design is the same. I believe it is in the Reusable Objects area. of your ORAWIN directory. You want to change the code in the hint.pll to load the DLL every time you show a hint rather than once per form. This avoids a GPF when you CALL_FORM navigate to another form and return.

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Sat May 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message