Another Forms 4.5 hack discovered ?

From: Walter Zimmer <wzimmer_at_atair.rz.uni-ulm.de>
Date: 1997/05/09

Hi !

[Quoted] I have a problem in Forms, and it seems that there is no acceptable solution to it.

Before a query I want to clear other blocks. So, I place a CLEAR_BLOCK before the ENTER_QUERY and everything is fine - thats what I thought. The problem is if the block to clear is changed, the alert where you can choose if you want to keep the date, discard it or to cancel the whole thing appears. Now, how do I know when the user presses cancel, beacuse in the two other cases everything is fine, but in this case I want to cancel the search. Right now the search is done (and the block discarded) when I press CANCEL !

FORMS_SUCCESS is of no use, CLEAR_BLOCK doesn't give back its state, so I guess I end up programming all the behaviour again with my own alert. Thats would be very sad, because it shows again that oracles focus is not in every respect to deliver a product which has 'unbeatable productivity' and which lets you develop 'applications in minutes, without writing a single line of code' (taken from the package)

Any other solutions ?

Many thanks,
Walter Zimmer

walter.zimmer_at_rz.uni-ulm.de
Forms 4.5.7.1.2 developer (solaris, NT) Received on Fri May 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message