Re: SQL*Plus bug

From: Larry Jones <lljo_at_chevron.com>
Date: 1997/05/09

Dan Townsend wrote:

> I encountered this and found that if I use Ctrl-Ins
> to copy it and Shift-Ins to paste it, the text copies
> correctly. Apparently, Oracle uses its own copy/paste
> routines, not Windows'. Hence the unexpected 'feature'.
> +-----------------------------------------------------
> | Dan Townsend, Supervising Database Architect
> | EBMUD Enterprise Object Designer
> | mailto:townsend_at_ebmud.com

Thanks, yes that works for me too. Nice "feature", huh?

Here is something interesting, Steve Cosner emailed the following tip, which I find useful!

	Also something VERY useful I just learned recently--the SQL Plus quick
	copy and paste:  Highlight the text you want to copy using the
	click-and-drag method.  Then before releasing the left mouse button,
	click the right mouse button.  All the text you have highlighted gets
	pasted to the input line.  You can use this on pieces of lines as well
	as multiple lines.  If you want to simulate pressing enter, highlight
	the command, and the line below (but only if it is blank).