Re: SQL*Plus bug

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/05/08

In article <33716947.43B2_at_mich.com>, Mark McCubbin <mccubbin_at_mich.com> wrote:
>Larry Jones wrote:
>>
>> We are running SQL*Plus: Release 3.3.2.0.2 with Oracle7 Server Release
>> 7.3.2.3.0.
>>
>> Does anyone else have the copy bug, where you try to copy a line that
>> has a capital "C" in it, then when you paste it, the lines breaks at
>> that point?
>>
>> For example, if you ran a select statement that read:
>> SQL>SELECT * FROM EMP;
>>
>> Then wanted to copy it below, you would highlight it, and press CTRL+C,
>> then CTRL+V to paste it. If I do this I get the following:
>> SQL>SELE
>> unknown command "SELE" - rest of line ignored.
>> SQL>T * FROM EMP;
>>
>> It doesn't do this with a lower case "c" only upper. Is there a solution
>> for this?
>

>Yes, my SQL*Plus does the same thing. To avoid this, I execute the
>statments as scripts files. If you find a "real solution" please let me
>know.
>
>Mark

Ctrl C & Ctrl V doesn't even work at 3.1. Maybe the old copy and paste method still works: using Ctrl-Insert and Shift-Insert.

Also something VERY useful I just learned recently--the SQL Plus quick copy and paste: Highlight the text you want to copy using the click-and-drag method. Then before releasing the left mouse button, click the right mouse button. All the text you have highlighted gets pasted to the input line. You can use this on pieces of lines as well as multiple lines. If you want to simulate pressing enter, highlight the command, and the line below (but only if it is blank).

I find I use the above sequence quite often. A coworker picked this up in an Oracle class.

Regards,
Steve Cosner Received on Thu May 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message