problems with access

From: Amlan Sengupta <asengup_at_ops.usfca.edu>
Date: 1997/05/07

Hi there,

I have installed the test version of oracle 7.3.x on (machine A) a win 95 platform and is connected to the network. I have set the sql net and also run LSNRCTL START to be able to access the database.

But i am not able to access the database on this machine A from another machine B which has sql net installed on it along with sqlplus 3.3. But the interesting thing is i can access the database on machine B from machine A. Both machines have sql net with proper configurations and LSNRCTL running on them.

Any suggestion on what I might be doign wrong would be great.

thanks -- amlan.

email :- asengup_at_lynx.cs.usfca.edu
	 sengam00_at_storm.usfca.edu
         asengup_at_ops.usfca.edu