SQL*Plus quirk

From: Larry Jones <lljo_at_chevron.com>
Date: 1997/05/07

We are running SQL*Plus: Release 3.3.2.0.2 with Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.2.3.0 (on a UNIX server) from a Windows 95 platform.

If I start a SQL*PLUS session, and in that session type "EDIT TEMP", it will put me into my text editor (TextPad), editing TEMP.SQL, but it does not return to the command prompt.

If I start a second SQL*PLUS session, and do the same thing, except edit TEMP2, it will open another window in TextPad to edit, but this session, and any other after the first session, returns to the command prompt!

This is what I want, all the time. Is there any way to get this to work in the first session too? Received on Wed May 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message