Re: ODBC alternative for UniCode

From: Robert H. Eisner <rheisner_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/05/07

John Moriarty wrote:

> We presently have a Visual C++ application which uses Oracle's ODBC
> driver to communicate with our database. We are in the process of
> converting our app to UniCode to support Internationalization. According
> to Microsoft, ODBC does not presently support UniCode. Does anyone know
> of an alternative to ODBC for database access which supports UniCode?
>
> Thanks for any info,
>
> John Moriarty

Trifox has some products, VORTEXodbc and VORTEXchannel, which talk to mulitple RDBMS.

Please see http://www.trifox.com for details.

Information on Unicode support can be obtained by contacting Niklas Back at 408.369.2390

Regards,

Bob Eisner
408.369.2392 Received on Wed May 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message