Re: Regedit

From: Greg Scholey <Greg.Scholey_at_pipe.nova.ca>
Date: 1997/05/06

Andres Estrada wrote:

> We'd like to read and write the regedit file in windows 95 from a Oracle
> Forms 4.5.7 (Developer 2000 Tools 1.3).
> We want to know what the local database is ?
> What is the name of the machine ?
> What is the current user in windows 95 ?
>
> In prior versions of Forms 4.5 under windows 3.11 we used package
> ORA_FFI to read INI files.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andres Estrada
> Houston
> e-mail xenco_at_xenco.com
>
> Please send a copy of the solution to our e-mail.

We had the same problem at a company I used to work for. Oracle sent us a demo of how to do this in a file d2kapi.exe. Being more a DBA that a programmer, I could not tell right away if it gets linked into Forms as a user exit. The file is about 680K and extracts out to the following:

apidemo.fmb		d2kapi.pll		apidemus.prn
apidemo.fmx		d2kapi.wav		apidemus.res
dk2api32.mdp		d2kapi32.dll		apidemo.mmb
dk2api32.mak		d2kapi32.c		apidemo.mmx

d2kapi32.def

You may be able to call Oracle Support and have the send you this file (along with instructions which I don't have).

Greg... Received on Tue May 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message