Re: dropping public synonyms?

From: Jonathan Sell <jsell_at_bio.ri.ccf.org>
Date: 1997/05/06

Kirill Richine wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to drop public synonyms created by
> an oracle user. The drop user cascade does not do it. Would I have to
> do it manually for each synonym? If yes, then which table are they in
> and what would be the cleanest way to remove them?
>
> Thank you.
> k&

Yes, you can drop them (if you're the DBA) but no, you can't tell from the
database who created them. Regular users do not normally have the priv. to create public synonyms. Once created, the owner is 'PUBLIC' -- only way to drop them is "DROP PUBLIC SYNONYM ..."

  JCS

--

 ___   ___
|  #####  |    The Cleveland Clinic Foundation       FAX:
216-444-8023
			         "Do or do not.  There is no 'try'."
                                              -Yoda