Re: "Thou shalt use 'Shutdown Abort' whenever you shutdown the database." Makes sense?

From: Miles Thomas <thomasm_at_"at".logica."dot".com>
Date: 1997/05/06

[SNIPPAGE]
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Paul.

Can anyone comment whether the following script would result in something near a shutdown immediate?

alter system flush shared pool;
alter system checkpoint;
alter system switch logfiles;
shutdown abort
startup restrict
shutdown
???
[Quoted] Also, as I understand it, shutting down the Oracle services under NT is equivalent of a shutdown abort. Can anyone confirm?

NB: The lack of a shudown immediate command which times out after a configurable number of seconds is what leads to the use of shutdown abort anyway! Also, I've occaisionally found that an 'alter system kill session' is not always effective.

--
Miles Thomas
Logica UK Ltd