Re: ORACLE_TERM problem

From: Mal Heseltine <mth_at_qld.mim.com.au>
Date: 1997/05/06

Jonathan, I think you misunderstood my problem.

Yes, I know this will work when you define the filename to be *equal* to the device name.

My problem is I'm forced in my situation to make the filename different to the device name for reasons I'd rather not go into.

Eg: ..../fmrcWY120SCR.res where the device is WY120

This is handled on the command line as RUNFORM45 TERM=WY120SCR:WY120

It would seem logical to me that if ORACLE_TERM=WY120SCR:WY120 that this should still work. However, you get a toolkit error and my testing seems to indicate that it does not like it when the device name is coded like this.

I even tried leaving it off (ORACLE_TERM=WY120SCR) hoping oracle would pick up WY120 in the file as it is the default device in the file...no such luck.

It seems to me this a bug.

Regards
Mal.

Jonathan Sell wrote:

> Just set ORACLE_TERM to <device>. Forms 4.5 will always use
> $ORACLE_HOME/forms45/admin/terminal/US/fmrc<device>.res despite the
> documetation's claim otherwise.
>
> email me for details.
>
> JCS
> --
>
> ___ ___
> | | | |
> |__#####__| Jonathan C. Sell
> jsell_at_bio.ri.ccf.org
> __#####__ The Department of Biostatistics Phone:
> 216-444-0585
> | ##### | The Cleveland Clinic Foundation FAX:
 216-444-8023