Does Oracle and OpenVMS VAX have a future???

From: Douglas Scott <dsscott_at_gte.net>
Date: 1997/05/05
[Quoted] Message-ID: <5kljdd$knc$1_at_news10.gte.net>#1/1

My DBA just got back from IOUW in Dallas and most of the people he talked to did not see much of a future for OpenVMS VAX and Oracle. I know that it took Oracle quite a long time to upgrade the RDBMS to 7.3 and 8.x is coming out soon. I would like to know if other people think that Oracle on OpenVMS VAX is a dead end platform.

--

Douglas Scott
dsscott_at_gte.net

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there. -- Will Rogers