Re: Documents for LONG data type..?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/05/02

If you are using OCI, I have 2 examples (a LOAD program and UNLOAD program) that both use piecewise operations on long raws. they are part of a webserver cartridge we have at http://govt.us.oracle.com. Follow the link to downloadable utilities (from quick picks on the home page) and get the OWA replacement cartridge. Get the source.tar.gz or source.tar.Z file. When you expand this, you'll find subdirectories owarepl/src/unload and owarepl/src/load.

the load program inserts a file into a table.

the unload program takes a query that queries up 2 columns, the long raw column and a column that will be used to create a file in the OS.

Hope this helps. The load program is 7.3 specific as it uses the new piecewise insert capability that didn't exist in earlier versions.

On Fri, 02 May 1997 14:18:49 -0500, Junyoung Jeong <jyjeong_at_hnc.co.kr> wrote:

>Hi, everyone.
>I'm newbie in Oracle programming.
>
>I must deal LONG RAW data type sophisticatedly,
>but do not have any documents for it.
>
>What I do?
>
>I want to INSERT (SELECT) variable size files into(from) table.
>File sizes are very variable and I don't know maximun size,
>so I can't use array.
>
>Any comments are good.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri May 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message