Re: synonyms for table columns - are they possible?

From: Allen Kirby <akirby_at_att.com>
Date: 1997/05/02

Sheilah Scheurich wrote:
<snip>
> Allen,
> Thankyou for that differientiation. However, before publicly
> critiquing a colleague, please check what the original question was.
> I am very well aware that they are different things, however the
> question was is there a way to create synonyms for column tables.
> Therefore your response was not only embarrassing, it was incorrect.
>
> sheilah

Sheilah,
I wasn't critiquing you, and I apologize if it came across that way. I do understand now that create view uses the term alias - I had only used it for table aliases - so I did learn something. But I do think it's a little misleading to call them synonyms. The original poster obviously meant this as a generic term (as did your reply) but some might confuse this with the synonym db object. Thanks for the correction.

--
---
Allen Kirby			AT&T ITS Production Services