Re: Winword Documents and Webserver2.0

From: Ralph King <mokurai_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: 1997/04/30

Pixner Christoph wrote:

> I work on a Win95 Pc with SQLNET V2, Webserver 2.0 on Windows NT 4.0
> and Oracle DB V 7.3 on HP-UX.
> I would like to store Word Documents in the DB and retrieve them with a
> Webbrowser.
> Is it possible and how does it work?
>
> Any help would be appreciated to
>
> pixi_at_wien.atthere are two bugs when storing word documents in a long raw field

if you use copy record the word document is not carried into the new record

when you retrieve a word document from a long raw field with reports only one page is ever returned

both have no planned fixes

look at word.fmb in the forms demo area. consider storing the documents in the file system and the names in the database and use ole2 automation concepts in word.fmb to bring the documents into your form. Received on Wed Apr 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message