ODBC and stored prcoedures OUT parameters and VB

From: Brad Baker <bradb_at_somerset.com.au>
Date: 1997/04/29

We are calling Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures in our VB application via ODBC. We dont know how to bind our output parameters back to VB variables.

Our stored procecdures are defined something like

create_customer( firstn in varchar2, lastn in varchar2, cust_id out number)

How do we bind the the value of cust_id back to a VB variable? Can this be done using Oracle 7.3 ODBC?
What are some work arounds to this problem? Received on Tue Apr 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message