Forms 4.5 & Personal Oracle NT

From: Clifford B. Thomas <cbthomas_at_feist.com>
Date: 1997/04/29

Hi!

I'm new to Oracle database and am trying to get my machine/software configured to run a trial version of Developer 2000 on an NT box running Personal Oracle 7.x for NT. (currently taking an Oracle course...) I installed a trial version (Dev 2000) published in the book "Oracle Unleashed" by SAMS. I am sure Personal Oracle runs fine, as I have been working with it for several weeks, and also believe that Forms 4.5 runs OK, as well. My problem is in connecting to the local database that is currently running on the machine. When I choose to Connect from the File menu in Forms 4.5 and enter information for UserID, Password, and Connect, I get the following error:
ORA-03121, no interface driver connected, function not performed.

I understand this to be a connect problem, but have no idea where to begin looking to solve this problem. I believe it to be relativley minor, but alas, haven't a clue... Received on Tue Apr 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message