Re: Printers and Forms

From: Jonathan Sell <jsell_at_bio.ri.ccf.org>
Date: 1997/04/28

Angel Perez wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> This one is a simpler one! How can I control from within a Forms
> Application wich printer on a net I will use? I mean if it is possible
> to call an API or something that lets me see the printers on the net and
> choose the one I want for my next report.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Rafa Flores Yoldi
> CESIN, S.L.
> cesinsl_at_redestb.es

File->Choose Pinter will let you do this providing your DBA has set-up the uiprint.txt file beforehand with the available printers. It would be possible to jazz this facility up a bit since Dev2K has hooks to run a program of your choice during the printer-choosing/using process (via TK2[1|2|3]_PRINT and ...PRINT_STATUS).

--

 ___   ___
|  #####  |    The Cleveland Clinic Foundation       FAX:
216-444-8023
			         "Do or do not.  There is no 'try'."
                                              -Yoda