Re: Differences between Power Objects and Devloper 2000

From: Bob Hoskin <rhoskin_at_heartlnd.com>
Date: 1997/04/28

Ikenna,

The two tools are quite different, so that'd make a pretty long list. If you're asking this because you need to make a decision between them, one point stands out:
OPO is a Basic-scripted tool.
Dev/2k is a PL/SQL-scripted tool.
Which language do you want to use client-side?

Beyond that, you can do forms & reports with either, and you'll find folks that like and dislike either.

OPO's flavor is more workgroup-level, and Dev/2k's is more enterprise-level, but I'm not aware of any barriers. OPO is probably a better choice for disconnected apps (ie laptops), and Dev/2k will probably get better Web features sooner than OPO (although you can do Web apps with OPO now).
Dev/2k has CASE support, OPO's is coming. You can find more info on each at http://www.oracle.com/

-hope this helps.

Bob Hoskin

--

|_ Robert Hoskin __ Heartland Software Corp __ http://www.heartlnd.com/ __
|~ Co-Author of "Mastering Oracle Power Objects" ~  O'Reilly & Assoc.
|_ OPO v2 Video Training info:  http://www.heartlnd.com/page5.htm _______

Ikenna Aniagoh <IkeAniagoh_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<01bc525b$b378c7f0$a76892cf_at_WWW>...