Re: Forms: How to let the user choose the 'order by'

From: Juergen Maihoefner <juergen_at_mbd.nbg.de>
Date: 1997/04/28

Donna Morrow wrote:

> Have you tried to prompt the user for the Order by column
> and then use the SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY built-in with the ORDER_BY property to
> change the order by before executing the block's query?

Yes, I created a Form-Window to let the user click the column-names with the mouse. But after spending many hours without making it work, I've chosen
to post a question in this group :-).

Now I followed the idea from Loyal Barber using push-buttons as column-titles -
It works fine.

But I think, when I've read some more books about forms, I try to build a
package including a generic-version of the first idea.

bye, Juergen Received on Mon Apr 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message