Re: WANTED: Import utility for Access to Oracle

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/04/25

On 25 Apr 1997 10:32:18 GMT, "Benoît HERARD" <bhe_at_mynet.anet.fr> wrote:

>Bruce Callen <bccallen_at_flash.net> wrote :
>> I am trying to import several tables, structure and data, from Access 95
>> Oracle 7.3. I have tried using the export option on Access to ODBC (2.5)
>> to Oracle. This moves the table over with all the fields. The problem
 is
>> then if I try to set primary keys, add indexes or do anything Oracle says
>> that it is not a Table/View.

Also, bear in mind that ACCESS is case sensitive. If you had a table foo in Access, you might very well have a table named "foo" in Oracle (note the quotes, "foo" is not the same as foo).

Try
SQL> select * from "yourtablename";

And see if you can see the lower case version of the table. "yourtablename" is known as a quoted identifier. You can preserve case in identifier names (and include special characters like blanks and such) but quoting them.

[snip]

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Apr 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message