Re: WANTED: Import utility for Access to Oracle

From: (wrong string) ît HERARD <bhe_at_mynet.anet.fr>
Date: 1997/04/25

[Quoted] Bruce Callen <bccallen_at_flash.net> wrote :
> I am trying to import several tables, structure and data, from Access 95
[Quoted] > Oracle 7.3. I have tried using the export option on Access to ODBC (2.5)
> to Oracle. This moves the table over with all the fields. The problem
 is
> then if I try to set primary keys, add indexes or do anything Oracle says
> that it is not a Table/View.

        The question may be stupid, but, when you try to set primary keys for exemple,
are you connected to ORACLE with the same user used in the ODBC connection ?
If it's not, tables created may not be available for you, and even if you have public
synonym on it you may not create primary keys.

        At least, are you sure tables are created under ORACLE (try to find it in sys.dba_tables).

Have a nice trip... Received on Fri Apr 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message