Re: Questions about Oracle Forms 4.5

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/04/25

dmp_at_elefante.fe.up.pt wrote:

> I have two questions about Oracle Forms 4.5:
>
> 1-
>
> This is probably a stupid question with an easy answer, but...
>
> In a table based block, how can I associate a text field with a
> column of the table? I can only have text fields associated with
> columns when I define the column as active in the New Block window,
> but I dont know how to do that for text fields added to an already
> existing block.

Simply create a new item with the same name as the corresponding column and set the item's base_table property to TRUE.

> 2-
>
> Can I have dialogs with tabs in Forms 4.5?

Yes, but it takes a lot of effort. On the FORMS 4.5 CD there is a demo or sample of how to create a tabbed view. Developer/2000 V2.0 which is now in Beta will have a declarative way of defining a tabbed view. You may want to wait for that.

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Fri Apr 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message