AVAILABLE SOFTWARE VENTURE CAPITAL

From: LRITTER755 <lritter755_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/04/23

                       AVAILABLE: SOFTWARE VENTURE CAPITAL

Wanted:
Large opportunities in software sought; West Coast principal INVESTOR will invest up to $5,000,000 in any given company. Below finder will represent interested software DEVELOPERS and receives performance fee of 5% at closing to be paid by software developer. The funder’s core focus is in development tools, primarily those that form the backbone of distributed computing.

Criteria:

Our investments have ranged from pre-business plan seed stage to profitable growth companies. Dollar amounts invested can range from under $100,000 to $4 million. In almost all of our investments, we were the lead investor or part of the lead investing group providing the first professional investment in the company.

The companies in our portfolio represent a wide range of products on a diversity of computing platforms. The products encompass many market sectors, including internet, client/server, networking, communications, engineering and scientific, graphics, education and entertainment.

We look for investments that have the basis of becoming medium to large companies based on a substantial market opportunity and technical advantage. We believe investors must add value not just in dollars, but also in expertise. Venture investing should enhance, not interfere with, successful operations. Our total concentration in software investing allows us to function as a collaborative partner by sharing our gained experience in building successful software companies.

The goal is to find companies we believe will have a good chance at being a strong(>$100mm) IPO. That means they must be able to drive $10s of millions ofdollars in revenue at a 50%+ growth rate in 3-5 years. The biggest challenges tothis goal are fragmented marketspaces (like consumer multimedia) and companies that need to scale bodies with revenue (like website design studios). If deals have these issues, they must be addressed well or we will not invest.

They have about $100 million under management/ invested. The preferred means of initiating any possible business deal is to Email an executive summary.

Contact:
Harold A. Meyer, III Chairman
The Hook Appropriate Technology
52 Bank Street, Suite A
New Milford, CT USA 06776-2706
REPLY TO: ===>tekscout_at_thehooktek.com (or) thehook_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Wed Apr 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message