Re: Passing NT parameters like machine-name to map drives for using in UTL_FILE.FOPEN

From: Lun Wing San <rdbms_at_b1.hkstar.com>
Date: 1997/04/22

SG wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> I am trying to find a way to pass to the UTL_FILE.FOPEN package, the
> location (directory) information in "operating system specifics".
>
> I am using Oracle on an NT platform, and my server machine name is
> ORACLE_1. To all my clients, \\ORACLE_1\.. defines the directories that
> are shared on the server to be read and written to.
>
> I am unsuccesful in passing the parameter \\ORACLE_1\share to FOPEn
> whereas passing c:\share works fine. I have already set my UTL_FILE_DIR
> in the initorcl.ora file to "*" for total access.
>
> Is there a way out such that Oracle can interpret this \\ORACLE_1\share
> to mean c:\share.
>
> All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

  I encounter the same situation in Novell Netware.

*
*
* Please go to http://www.hkstar.com/~rdbms/oracle.htm to find other
solns  *
*
*

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not
the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired
when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or
use.