Re: Parameters pass to another Form?

From: Gary Waldrom <garyw_at_levelv.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/22

Steve Cosner wrote:

  In article <5j7mm4$cf2$1_at_power42t.hkbu.edu.hk>,   YyWong <yywong_at_math.hkbu.edu.hk> wrote:
>I have a problem on passing some parameters to another form after
>I created the parameter list!
>
> How can I pass a value in a field like ':PO_ID' in one form to
> another? It only success when I pass a constant value such as
> Add_Parameter(the_list, 'param_po_id', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'ABC');
> in Form Designer 4.5.

  I haven't tried it, but it seems like replacing the 'ABC' with   :PO_ID
  should work.

>Actually, my motivation is to make a "SAVE" button that open
 another
>form to retrieve and save all the records in another table with
>the same PO_ID. Do anyone has another suggestion on doing this?
>In fact, I initially try this in Designer/2000 but recently I move
>to Form 4.5 because it even fails to generate parameters for a
 simple
>form! Thanks!

  I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do. Is it copy rows from   one table into another table? It might be easier just to write some

  pl/sql within the first form to do the job, without calling a second

  form.

  Hope this helps...
  Steve Cosner

 I'm not really sure what your trying either, but it sounds like you are using CALL_FORM to open another form.

You should be able to set up a :GLOBAL.variable in the originating form to hold the value. This global variable can then be referenced by the called form. Received on Tue Apr 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message