Re: Oracle ODBC and Office 97

From: Ed Nixon <nixon_at_mail.cibc.com>
Date: 1997/04/22

Odd, I'm having a similar problem. I've just downloaded and installed the ODBC drivers version 2.0.3.1.1 and I can't see an Oracle DSN from MSQuery97. When I try to define a new DSN via MSQuery97, I can find the Oracle73 driver but the connection fails.

My situation is a bit different because I can see and use a DSN from other tools such as Borland BDE.

I'm using Personal Oracle 7 with a 2: connect string.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated. ...edn

 Victor Kroon wrote in article <3357D9DD.38CD_at_consist.twinfo.nl>...
>Carlos Palomino wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I downloaded the ODBC driver for Windows 95 (32 bits) from the Oracle
>> Site, and It just worked fine with VB 4.0 and Office 95. However when I
>> installed Office 97 and tried to use Microsoft Query 97, the driver
>> wouldn't load. Even with the testing tool provided with the Oracle ODBC
>> driver I got the same results.
>> I decided to replace the ODBC related files in the \WINDOWS\SYSTEM
>> directory, that were updated when Office 97 installed, with the older
>> ones that were there before that, and then the ODBC testing tool worked
>> fine, but when I tried to access my Oracle database using Microsoft
>> Query 97, I got the message: "Microsoft Query 97 won't work with an
 ODBC