AutoNumber Generation

From: David E. Daniel <david.daniel_at_wmich.edu>
Date: 1997/04/17

Hello,

[Quoted] I have a question regarding the use of an automatic number generator in Oracle. In MS Access, I can set a field to be an AutoNumber. That way, I can use it as a primary key.

[Quoted] I am planning on using MS Access GUI and hitting Oracle via ODBC drivers. I need a way to generate a "next number" for my primary key. I would like the GUI know what numbers have already been used and to generate the next in sequence.

What do I need to set in the Access GUI and/or in the Oracle database to perform this function? Any and all help appreciated. You can Email me direct or reply to the group. Your preference.

-David

David E. Daniel
Database Administrator
[Quoted] Western Michigan University
david.daniel_at_wmich.edu Received on Thu Apr 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message