Report 2.5.5.8.0 on HP/UX Server

From: Gordon Rice <grice_at_netcomuk.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/17

Hi!

[Quoted] I am having the following problems trying to run Bitmap Reports on a HP/UX Server that have been Developed under Windows 95 and then ported to HP/UX. The same printers (HP 5Si and HP 4+) are being used to print the reports in PCL format but the results are totally different.

  1. Shading does not appear on the Report when printed although it does appear when previewed using Motif.
  2. Arial font does not come out as Arial. Initially the UIFONT.ALI file was set up to point to Helvetica but this came out as Courier. We have now managed to get it to come out in Times New Roman but still can't get Arial.
  3. Running R25RUNM from the UNIX Shell in Batch results in the report being sent to the printer in Letter format not ISO A4. Hence we have problems printing the report and have to reconfigure the printer. This also truncates the contents of the report to a 11 inches. I cannot find out where this default is set. Does anybody know?

Do you know of anyone who has had similar problems or of a possible solution? Received on Thu Apr 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message