Re: Oracle Terminal

From: Thomas R Skinner <trskin_at_gil.com.au>
Date: 1997/04/17

jsell_at_bio.ri.ccf.org (Jonathan Sell) wrote:

>What's the deal with Oracle Terminal? This beast is full of bugs,
>hasn't been documented since Aug '93, and I need it to work to
>convert a *lot* of Forms 3.0 apps to Forms 4.5 (character mode).

[Quoted] All I can offer is sympathy - we went through the same process for vt100 under Solaris. Our problems were aggravated by 1) the original resource file supplied by Oracle was corrupt 2) we were unable to re-assign Menu or Help (hard coded values)

All I can suggest is make small changes and save frequently. And when you get a core dump, abandon that version in favour of the last one that worked.
Or acle support is helpful but not familiar with the product.

Good Luck!
Thomas R Skinner
Allgas Energy Ltd
('Fixed in the next release') Received on Thu Apr 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message