Re: Loging into Oracle executing a form...

From: Art Clarke <aclarke_at_us.oracle.com.removetoreply>
Date: 1997/04/16

Vijay Damodaran wrote:

> When I want to execute a form, I use the
> f45runm <formname> userid/passwd
>
> If I try to run the form without specifying the userid/
> password string, then forms brings up another window
> which prompts for the userid and password.
>
> But I want all my applications to login with a general
> userid/password. I also do not want to specify the
> password on the command line with f45runm. I not able
> to disable Forms from prompting for the userid/password.
>
> Is there any other way of logging into Oracle without
> specifying userid/password on the command line and Forms
> not prompting me for one?
>
> Thanks,
>
> VJ.
> --
> Vijay Damodaran
> vijayd_at_nortel.com
> Work: (214) 685-8150

If you create an ON-LOGON and ON-LOGOFF trigger at FORM level on the form,
you can over-ride the default Forms Logon code. There, you can hard code
your username and password, and call the forms logon built-in, without displaying the annoying logon box. The ON-LOGON trigger should look like this:

LOGIN('username_at_datasource', 'password', FALSE);

The ON-LOGOFF trigger should look like this: LOGOUT;

  • Art
--
| Art Clarke                      |+|         Who Reads This Anyway? |