Re: Questions about Oracle Forms 4.5

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1997/04/16

Dinis Paes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two questions about Oracle Forms 4.5:
>
> 1-
> In a table based block, how can I associate a text field with
> a column of the table? I can only have text fields associated
> with columns when I define the column as active in the
> New Block window, but I dont know how to do that for text fields
> added to an already existing block.

The text field must have the same name as the base table column, then you have to set the 'Base_Table' property to YES in the designer.

> 2-
>
> Can I have dialogs with tabs in Forms 4.5?

Not directly, but there are VBX (Visual basic) controls available which can be used with FORMS. There is an example of this in the DEMO applications.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.