Re: Questions about Oracle Forms 4.5

From: Andrew Tompkins <andrewto_at_kingfish.cse.tek.com>
Date: 1997/04/16

In article <3352596A.167E_at_elefante.fe.up.pt>,   Dinis Paes <dmp_at_elefante.fe.up.pt> says:

> In a table based block, how can I associate a text field with
> a column of the table? I can only have text fields associated
> with columns when I define the column as active in the
> New Block window, but I dont know how to do that for text fields
> added to an already existing block.

Place the desired item on your canvas. It will be given a default name. Change the item's name to the same name as the column in the base table for the block. Be sure that the item is placed in the right block by selecting the correct context in the toolbar before placing the item on the canvas or by moving it in the Object Navigator to the correct block after placement. Also, be sure that the Base Table property on the item's properties sheet is set to TRUE.

--Andy
| Andrew G. Tompkins    | #include <disclaimer.std.h> |
| Tektronix, Inc.                                     |
| Phone: (503) 627-5172      fax: (503) 627-5548      |
| email: Andrew.Tompkins_at_tek.com (work)               |
|        andytom_at_teleport.com (home)                  |
| http://www.teleport.com/~andytom/                   |