Re: Oracle's "Headstart" package

From: Jamie O'Shaughnessy <joshaugh_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/04/15

On Sun, 13 Apr 1997 00:55:41 -0700, Foad Shodjai <shodjai_at_best.com> wrote:

>Anyone has worked with Oracle's Headstart package? Its a set of template
>and libraries and other goodies for Designer/2000.
>
>If you have worked with it, I like to talk to you. I need to know what it
>includes and how extensive it is.
>
>Thanks
>Foad Shodjai
>+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>|Foad Shodjai <foad_at_shodjai.org> Mosaic Information Systems |
>|Tel/Fax +1(510)796-4799 Box 424 -- 300 Bayview Place |
>|34730 Siward Drive Lions Bay, BC, V0N2E0, CANADA |
>|Fremont, CA, 94555, USA +1(800)753-6529 Ext. 2497 |
>|http://www.shodjai.org/foad http://www.shodjai.org/mosaic |
>+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Foad,

I'm not actually involved with Headstart, but I have had dealings with them. From their (internal) web page, they describe Headstart as:

As part of the Headstart service, customers receive:

     Headstart Template Package; a set of, templates, libraries and recommended preference settings for Menu, Forms, Reports and MS Help generation.

     Headstart Utilities; a set of utilities that use the Designer/2000 API, classified into quality reports and productivity boosters, that increase the quality and speed of application development using Designer/2000.

     Knowledge Transfer; the Headstart consultant provides the project team with valuable information on graphical user interface design, business rule modeling and implementation, including client/server partitioning considerations.

Headstart coordinators that may be local to you are:

Canada:

  • Ottawa Anna MacDonald ajmacdon_at_ca.oracle.com
  • Toronto Karl Newman knewman_at_ca.oracle.com
  • Montreal Simon Robichaud srobicha_at_ca.oracle.com

 US:

  • Chicago Jim Eduljee jeduljee_at_us.oracle.com
  • Dallas Gary Christopher gchristo_at_us.oracle.com
  • Phoenix Donald Kwan dkwan_at_us.oracle.com
  • Minneapolis Nelson Fernandes nfernand_at_us.oracle.com
  • New York David Marten rmarten_at_us.oracle.com
  • San Francisco Matthew Conners mconnors_at_us.oracle.com
  • Vienna (Virginia) Saeed Elnaj selnaj_at_us.oracle.com
  • Federal Herndon Steven Nguyen snguyen_at_us.oracle.com

Hope that helps,

Jamie

Jamie O'Shaughnessy                        Work: joshaugh_at_uk.oracle.com
Oracle Designer/2000 Forms Generator Team  Home: jamie_at_thanatar.demon.co.uk
Opinions expressed here are my own and not those of... (__)|-</-\(__ |__ -_ Received on Tue Apr 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message