Re: Problems of performance with VB4 and ORACLE ODBC

From: David Howell <dhowell_at_investec.co.za>
Date: 1997/04/14

APTIME wrote:

  Hi !

  I try to have some informations to optimize the communication   between
  an application developped under VB4(32) and an ORACLE 7.3 server.

  We use the 32 bits ODBC provided by ORACLE.

  Can anyone pls give me complements on this subject.

 I am using the Openlink ODBC data drivers. They work fine now, but I was having massive speed problems. This was because I was sending everything through the jet engine.

By using dbSQLPassThrough instead of the Jet engine, performance increase is astronomical.

Regards
Dave Howell Received on Mon Apr 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message