Re: Forms45: Entering/executing query programmatically

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/04/12

pestw_at_kontron.de wrote:

> I have to build masks whose behaviour is different from Forms'
> default behaviour: when entering a mask, the user should be
> immediately entering a query in the current block's primary key
> field. Upon leaving this field, the query should be executed. If
> there exists a record for this primary key, it should be displayed
> and now can be modified (in normal mode). If there exists none, he
> should be able to enter values in those attribute fields. Now, what
> triggers can I use to implement this behaviour? Especially, where
> should I call the Execute_Query bultin procedure? The
> When_Validate_Item trigger does not fire in Enter_Query mode and the
> Post_Text_Item trigger does not allow restricted procedures like
> Execute_Query? I am new to Forms, so perhaps this is an RTFM
> question, but I really tried to find anything about it in the manual
> in vain.
>
> Wolfgang Pest c/o KONTRON ELEKTRONIK GmbH D-85385 Eching

KEY-NXT_ITEM should allow you to execute the query. You need to ensure that the property of the trigger allows it to fire in ENTER-QUERY mode.

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Sat Apr 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message