Re: How to generate printer list for selection in Oracle Reports?

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/04/10

Nasier <nf_at_isis.co.za> wrote:

> I am currently having a problem in generating a printer list to popup
> when a user prints an Oracle report. I would like this list to be
> generated automatically i.e. some function should update the list of
> printers by picking it up from the operating system rather than the
> user having to enter it manually into a table. Can this be done. Or
> is it possible to call a Windows printing dialogue to select the
> printer?
>
> We are running Oracle 7.3.2 under Windows NT with Reports 2.5 and
> Windows95 on the client side.

I haven't tried this myself, but the 32-bit version of Dev/2000 1.3.2 provides a PLL called d2kwutil in c:\orant\forms45\plsqllib that contains a package which in turn contains a program unit to pop-up the Win API printer dialog box. I am writing this from memory, so at best consider this a clue as to where to look. Please post any good or bad results from trying it. You may need to front-end your report with a form to use the dialog box, then pass the selected printer as a parameter to the report.

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Thu Apr 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message