Re: Dev2K -- Time field question

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/04/10

In article <334BE060.3F89_at_ccgate.hac.com>, Ashok Kapur <afkapur_at_ccgate.hac.com> wrote:
>I have a form containing a date field with the format HH24:MI:SS. I am
>populating this field with data from another table using the following
>type of query:
> SELECT TO_DATE(TO_CHAR(hr_field)||':'||TO_CHAR(min_field),'HH24:MI')
> INTO field
> FROM table_name;
>
>The problem is that the field is always gettin populated with 00:00:00.

Perhaps you have defined the datatype within the form as DATE, and you really want it to be DATETIME. Forms is the only place where there is a difference, and specifying DATE will ensure all zeros in your time element.

HTH,
Steve Cosner

Try out QA, a dynamic data utility form. Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Thu Apr 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message